Saturday, August 5

Hoorah!

I'M HOME!!!!!

It's not really home until you're sleeping in a real bed again.

So much has happened in the last week, it's hard to remember it all, but I'll give you the highlights. We left Florida Friday night last week and drove all night to Buford, SC to stay with some friends. While we were there, we went down to Savannah and walked along River Street, something I've been wanting to do for a while. It's so beautiful! And as an added bonus, both candy shops on River St have free samples of homemade pralines! Yummy! We left Monday morning to head up to VA, thinking we were going to be able to move into our house, but the guy that just left wasn't out yet, and the landlord wanted to have someone come in to shampoo the carpets, so we were stuck in a hotel room with three people, a dog, and a carful of stuff for two days. But, we got to start bringing in our stuff on Wednesday, and the moving truck showed up early Thursday morning with the rest, everything present and accounted for, and nothing broken. Some of it is still out on the porch (I have a porch!), but the important things (bed, kitchen, sound system) have been set up, and the rest is just details. We'll be unpacking all day today, and probably tomorrow. If we can get it all done, we're leaving on Monday morning to spend some time with our friends and family over in Maryland and the D.C. suburbs. What's a 5 hour drive when we've been 17 hours away for the past year and a half?

On another note, my corn snake is healthy, happy, and not nearly as stressed as I worried it might be. I set up its home last night and fed it, thinking it might not eat from the stress of all the moving, but it had that pinky down in less than five minutes. A good sign, and it's calming down rather quickly. As soon as I get it to a vet and it becomes a he/she, I will name it and put some new pictures up.

I drove up to NRCC in Dublin on Tuesday to turn in my Financial Aid paperwork and pay the balance on my tuition. It's a very pretty campus, and not that far away. I'm definitely looking forward to going to school there.

There's so much time, and so little to do...wait, scratch that, reverse it...

:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Huzzah! You are in the same Commonwealth as I!

[cabbage patch]

Glad your loot arrived and your familiar is well.

When do I get to see you? I leave for the northlands on Friday. Back on the following Monday.


"Who ever heard of a Snozzberry?!"

&

Jimmy said...

Ah, a new era begins. What an exciting time. Glad to hear things went well.

I'm jealous that you have a porch.

Defiantly Damned said...

Hurray! I'm glad you made it! Now the fun begins! :)