Friday, October 27

My current state of academics

I had a brutal (although not as bad as I expected) chem test this morning. I think I got at least a C. I came home after the test, I think I was at school for about an hour and 15 minutes today. I'm skipping math class. The teacher always puts the notes up on the Internet. I'm also skipping a history test, but I have two opt-outs for tests I haven't yet used. There are two tests left after this one, and I only have to take one of them, since I took the first two. It's a nice system. There's a paper due in that class in about two weeks, which I still have to get seriously started. My topic is Levi Strauss, and I think I'm going to title the paper "The Birth of American Fashion". As far as I know, I'm getting an A in history. I've gotten A's on the first two tests and the three quizzes I've taken, and we're only required to take three of each, so unless I seriously screw up this paper or the final, I should have an A. Same for math - pre-Calc this semester (Calc next semester), and both tests have been A's so far. I took my third math test on Monday, and should get it back this coming Monday. Pretty sure I got another A. I've gotten A's on my first two biology tests, although I haven't gotten the third test back yet (took that on Tuesday), but I'm also pretty sure I got an A, and I'm maintaining an A in lab, which is 25% of my grade. I'm also maintaining an A in my chem lab, which might save my overall grade. Today was the third chem test. I got a 68 on the first one and a 90-something on the second. I've gotten A's and B's on the quizzes. I've been trying to find time to catch my professor in his office to see what my current grade average is, because the last day to withdraw from a class is Monday. I have to pass all of my classes with at least a C and maintain a 3.0 in order to guarantee my transfer to VT. Let's see, what else? I have an Internet research project on global warming due next week for my bio lab, and I think there's a lab quiz. I need to read ch. 40 in my bio book, since that's what we started going over in class yesterday. We've started taking notes for Test 4 in history, so I could go read them over, since I plan on taking that as my last test. We're learning about the Era of Good Feelings, Market Revolution, etc., starting right after the War of 1812. Fun stuff. Sometime this afternoon I'll look up those math notes, copy them into my notebook and do the homework for that section (should be 7.2). And chemistry? Maybe I should check my syllabus and see what we're studying next. You know, get a head start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AFter you succed in this campaign, you will get another level in Warrior Princess. Unless you multiclass with a levl in Druid Priestess.

40-10

&

Anonymous said...

hang in there ! As every mother says...It will all be worth it in the end :)