Friday, June 29

Help!

Hey guys...I've just been reading through some older posts and the subsequent comments, and realizing just how much I've retreated into my own head in the last six months or so...should I be as worried about this as I am currently? Because at this rate, I think therapy is the only thing that's going to help me...

Wow, I can't believe I just wrote that. Then again, there's so much shit going on right now, I don't even know where to begin. And so it stays in my head. Which makes me feel completely isolated. And I know that's not a good thing. I guess we'll see if being in "real" college again changes that. Hell, maybe I'm just more scared of that than I realize. Or maybe I'm not a psychologist and have no idea what I'm talking about. Who knows?

2 comments:

Defiantly Damned said...

I wholeheartedly recommend therapy! :) I've been in therapy, off an on, for over 20 years I bet and it is honestly one of the best things I've done (and do) for myself.

Sure, there are some weeks that there isn't much to talk about, but still my hour in that serene, calm, loving place is all mine. Other weeks are more intense and then, I am always thankful for my therapist.

Therapists are wonderful for helping you see other viewpoints, consider other ideas, discover things about yourself that you hadn't looked at previously, figure out all those voices in your head, etc. :)

You mentioned not knowing where to begin because there is so much shit going on right now. As a future therapist, I would suggest not worrying so much about where to begin. Just begin somewhere. Eventually, it will all fall into place.

Know you are loved and encouraged to get out of your head once in awhile. :)

Unknown said...

But, (snif) if you see a professional, what will *I* do?!

:)

Talking with someone is never a bad idea. Especially now. Becoming a parent is scary, even when you are a hot, together chica with a brain the size if a planet and an ass sculpted by Rodin.

Did I actually type that out loud?

But don't denigrate your introspection. Most folks never take the time to look into themselves. But bouncing your thoughts off another is a good idea. It helps to clear out the occasional misconception or erroneous conclusion.

Especially for those of us who are our own worts critics. We know who we are.

Love you, 40-10, WP.

&